A wealthy Los Angeles father who pulled a gun on masked intruders when they tried to break into his luxury home while his five-month-old baby was inside has revealed he’s been stripped of his firearm permit.
In a video for the National Rifle Association (NRA), Vince Ricci said his concealed carry permit was ‘revoked’ despite him being confronted by two men ‘pointing guns at my chest.’
‘After successfully defending my home and my family and my five-month-old child, California has now decided to suspend my Second Amendment [rights],’ Ricci said.
So what did the police do?
They took his permit because he was yeling at the police officers!
Ricci, an entrepreneur in LA who helms a photo studio, said that the sheriff’s office called him on Thursday telling him it was due to him ‘yelling’ at officers when they came to investigate.
He had previously blasted the LAPD for ‘sloppy police work’, including their alleged negligence in picking up casings scattered near his home as evidence.
Ricci had pulled a gun on masked intruders as they tried to break into his luxury home while his five-month-old baby, wife and nanny were inside!
“I guess they decided to try to come at me and come in the house but I have a five-month-old baby and a wife and a nanny in the house and that wasn’t going to happen,” the man told Eyewitness News.
“There was nothing in my house that was worth dying for. But I was willing to die for my family.”
The shootout happened around 7:30 p.m.
In the video, the homeowner walks to the front door grabbing for his keys. Then two intruders jump the gate.
One intruder runs up to the front door. The homeowner throws his tea, pulls out his gun and starts shooting.
“Out of nowhere I felt someone run up behind me, put something to my back, put a pistol to my back and somebody running up.”
When shots are fired, the intruders disperse. One fires back and hops over the side fence. The other hops over the front gate and runs away.
After the attack, the family filed a report with LAPD’s Olympic Division.
“It’s a matter of time before these people get caught. I think they should just pick a new career before they do end up in jail.”
Ricci earlier revealed this wasn’t the first time he’d been a target of criminals.
His home was broken into in June and his car was broken into the month before that.
A night prior to the shootout, Ricci revealed a group of criminals driving a Dodge Charger with no license plates had been allegedly targeting other homes in his neighborhood.
The NRA told Fox News Digital that the organization is ‘proud to have Vince as a fellow NRA member’ and called his permit being revoked ‘reprehensible.’
‘His decisive actions to protect his wife and daughter embody the core principles that NRA members fight for every day,’ NRA spokesperson Billy McLaughlin said in a statement.
‘It’s reprehensible that California is shredding his Second Amendment rights after he defended his family.’